Slow Cooker Red Velvet Cake
- In large mixing bowl,beat sugar and shortening until well blended.
- Add egg and vanilla and blend well.
- Add food color and cocoa.Beat until well blended.
- Mix in combined flour,soda and salt alternately with combined buttermilk and vinegar,starting and ending with dry ingredients.
- Pour batter into greased and floured 1-ouart dish.
- Place on rack in slow cooker.
- Cover and cook on high heat setting for 2-2½ hors.
- Remove slow cooker red velvet cake to wire rack and cool 10 minutes.
- Invert onto rack and cool.
- 10.Frost slow cooker red velvet cake with Buttercream Frosting.
- In mixing bowl,combine all ingredients.
- Mix to make spreading consistency.
Slow Cooker Red Velvet Cake,