Slow Cooker Orange Pudding Cake with Caramel Sauce
Slow cooker orange cake with caramel sauce.This delicious dessert is a classic combination-moist,tender cake smothered in reach caramel sauce.
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1/4 cup raisins
- 2/3 cup brown sugar
- 3/4 cup water
- 1/2 teaspoon finely shredded orange peel
- 3/4 cup freshly squeezed orange juice
- 1 tablespoon butter
- light cream
Slow Cooker Orange Pudding Cake with Caramel Sauce,
- In a medium mixing bowl,combine granulated sugar,baking powder,cinnamon and salt.
- Mix well and add milk and 2 tablespoons melted butter.
- Stir until batter is combined.
- Stir in pecans and raisins.
- Spread mixture evenly in the bottom of greased 3½-4 quart(3½-4l) slow cooker.
- In a medium saucepan,combine brown sugar,water,orange peel,orange juice and 1 tablespoon butter.
- Mix well and bring to a boil.
- Boil for 2 minutes then pour mixture carefully over batter in slow cooker.
- Cover slow cooker and cook on high-heat setting for 2½ hours.
- Set aside and allow to cool.
- To serve,spoon the warm cake and caramel sauce into dessert dishes.
- Serve slow cooker orange pudding cake with caramel sauce and light cream.