Slow Cooker Chocolate Zucchini Cake
Slow cooker chocolate zucchini cake can also be glazed with chocolate glaze.
- 1/4 cup butter,room temperature
- 1/4 cup applesauce
- 1 egg,beaten
- 1/4 cup low-fat buttermilk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1¼ cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon cloves
- 1 cup zucchini,finely chopped
- 1/4 cup semisweet chocolate morsels
- powdered sugar, as garnish
Slow Cooker Chocolate Zucchini Cake,
- In a large mixing bowl,combine butter,applesauce and sugar.
- Beat well until smooth.
- Mix in beaten egg,buttermilk and vanilla.
- Mix in combined flour,coca,baking soda,baking powder,salt and spices.
- Mix in chopped zucchini and chocolate morsels.
- Pour batter into greased and floured 6-cup fluted cake pan.
- Arrange pan on rack in 6-quart(6 L) slow cooker.
- Cover slow cooker and cook on high-heat setting until toothpick inserted in center of cake comes out clean(about 3-4 hours).
- Cool slow cooker chocolate zucchini cake on wire rack 10 minutes.
- Invert cake onto rack and cool.
- Sprinkle chocolate zucchini cake with powdered sugar.