Layered Herby Beef Stew
Layered herby beef stew.Beef chunks with spices and vegetables cooked in slow cooker.
- 2½ lbs lean beef chuck,cut into cubes
- 1 medium onion,cut into 1-inch pieces
- 8-10 small red potatoes or potato chunks
- 4-6 carrots,cut in 1-inch pieces
- 2 large ribs celery,cut in 1-inch pieces
- 2 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 cup red wine
- 3 tbsp brown sugar
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1/8 tsp allspice
- 1/4 tsp dried marjoram
- 1/4 tsp dried thyme
- 2 bay leaves
- 6 tbsp minute tapioca
- 28-oz.can diced tomatoes
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh parsley
Layered Herby Beef Stew,
- Layer all ingredients except parsley in slow cooker in order given.
- Cover and cook on high 6 hours.
- Immediately before serving,garnish with parsley.